Wednesday, March 17, 2010

As the 'High Holy' day is upon us...let us take some time to reflect:

My brother sent me this email a few years ago, and it still makes me laugh.

Being Irish means...

* you will never play professional basketball

* you swear very well

* at least one of your cousins holds political office

* you think you sing very well

* you have no idea how to make a long story short

* there isn't a huge difference between losing your temper and killing someone

* much of your food was boiled

* you spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling

* you're strangely poetic after a few beers

* you're poetic a lot

* you will be punched for no good reason...a lot

* some punches directed at you are legacies from past generations

* your sister will punch you because your brother punched her

* many of your sisters are Catherine, Elizabeth or Mary...and one is Mary Catherine Elizabeth

* someone in your family is incredibly cheap

* it is more than likely you

* you don't know the words but that doesn't stop you from singing

* you can't wait for the other guy to stop talking so you can start
talking

* 'Irish Stew' is the euphemism for 'boiled leftovers from the fridge'

* you're not nearly as funny as you think you are, but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency

* there wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last kegger party

* you are, or know someone, named 'Murph'

* if you don't know Murph, then you know 'Mac'

* if you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know 'Sully'

* you'll probably also know Sully McMurphy

* you are genetically incapable of keeping a secret

* your parents were on a first name basis with everyone at the local emergency room

and last but not least... Being Irish means...

* your attention span is so short that---oh, forget it.


Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day!!

13 comments:

Chris D said...

This is so true--there is a huge Irish community where I live. LOL

Tam Searle said...

Happy st patricks day to the best friend i could ever hope for funny sweet the best Hugs xx

Lady Harley said...

That's what it is!!! I'm part Irish! LOL!! ;o)

Lady Harley said...

P.S. Like the Star Trek background... however, it's missing one Captain... Scott Bakula as Cap't Archer!!! (I know, you probably didn't make it... just wanted to mention it.) ... still like it! :)

Chris D said...

And I was looking for Captain Janeway.

\(-----)/♀♀ leathermenace said...

Your attention span is as short as a skeeter's peter.
Kiss me I'm ......som'in'.

\(-----)/♀♀ leathermenace said...

and I'm sure you know I love your back ground.

Chris (Tootsie) said...

Gee Whiz.....I've got some Irish in me.....not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Katha Mahoney said...

Aw, thanks Tam, the same to you. :)

Katha Mahoney said...

This was made before that series was. I started watching that, but didn't really care for it, so I am just as happy that that captain is not in the array of beloved captains. Should I give it another chance? I wasn't crazy about TNG at first either.

Katha Mahoney said...

Janeway is there. ;-)

Katha Mahoney said...

Your name sounds Irish, mwah!

Katha Mahoney said...

It's a very good thing. :)