Sunday, November 29, 2009

My cousin, Fred sent me this joke :)

Rating:
Category:Other
Thanksgiving Divorce

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says,"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough".

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams. "Well, we can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this,"

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife with a smile. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Thanksgiving, and they're paying their own way."

4 comments:

Dory Panda said...

Well, I suppose that's one way to do it. ;)

DJ D said...

Haven't seen you in a long time. :-)

I have heard this story and was thinking about it..........

Lady Harley said...

hee hee! I have heard this before... still cute, though! :)

Katha Mahoney said...

I don't think I'd ever heard it before. You guys are in the loop. heh heh ;-)